Custodial Aide II
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under limited supervision, the Custodial Aide II is responsible for daily housekeeping including dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, total disinfection of bathroom, garbage removal, general clean-up of kitchens, classrooms, medical offices, common areas, stairwells, wall washing, steam, carpet cleaning and extraction. This position focuses on project work including detail cleaning and floor work as needed. Additional duties may be assigned which include stripping and waxing of floors, mold removal under guidance of Supervisor, high dusting and cleaning on a scaffold, cleaning of elevators and elevator tracks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly duty list for cleaning tasks provided by Supervisor; Works within a team or solo as needed to complete tasks assigned.
- Will complete all basic floor maintenance such as carpet cleaning, burnishing and auto-scrubbing.
- Meets deadlines set by management.
- Will complete glass cleaning including interior and exterior washing.
- Completes work with excellent quality and within the required timeline given.
- Follows a monthly “on-call” schedule for weekend and overtime coverage as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service each day by following the guidelines of the Site Specific Training Guide.
- Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear.
- Maintains custodial supplies given to complete tasks by keeping them cleaning and storing them properly at the end of shift.
- Communicates daily with Supervisor to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed.
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise.
- Working knowledge of basic housekeeping tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED).
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation.
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines.
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public, our customer and students throughout the work day.
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Use of ladder with supervision. Use of ladder without supervision (after training).
- The employee is responsible for wearing Khaki Pants and non-slip black work shoes. Sneakers or any show which looks like a sneaker is not acceptable.
- Uniform Shirts are provided by LCS Facility Group.
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours.