Area Supervisor - custodial crew immediate opening
LCS Facility Group is the premier outsourcing partner and an industry leader, providing the highest quality expertise, professionalism and full-service facilities maintenance and specialty services to the commercial sector.
Our expanding business has immediate openings for a Area Custodial Supervisor, this position oversees, coordinates and supervises work of the housekeeping department and ensures thorough, contract specific cleaning is complete on a daily basis with excellent quality. Responsible for quality assurance checks at the work site; Training and development of staff, ensuring safety.
**All candidates must be available to start immediately after hire.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for overseeing the quality of day-to-day of cleaning of multiple sites, which includes but is not limited to dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, total disinfection of bathroom, garbage removal, general clean-up of kitchens, classrooms, common areas, stairwells, wall washing, steam, carpet cleaning and extraction.
- Provides staff with daily, weekly and monthly duty list for cleaning and ensures team is provided with the tools to complete the jobs
- Provides on-going training and development for team, ensuring training goals are met throughout the year.
- Communicates all levels of management.
- Reviews direct report time sheets/approving sick and vacation time.
- Coordinates and oversees project work and events at the work site
- Minimum of 2 years working in a facility maintenance or custodial position with increasing responsibility
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a supervisory role managing ten (10) or more people
- Working knowledge of janitorial terminology, equipment, supplies
- Working knowledge of all floor work including strip and wax, buffing, burnishing, carpet cleaning.
- Working knowledge of record-keeping.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
- Associates Degree preferred but not essential
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- The position may involve walking, standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs. Noise levels may increase when operating equipment and daily driving to multiple sites.
LCS Facility Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. LCS Facility Group makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.