SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under direct supervision, the Service Aide is responsible for completing kitchen and cleaning tasks for a specified customer and follows as duty list to ensure excellent service is provided daily. The Service Aide follows a schedule set by the Manager. Position completes tasks including but not limited to dish-washing, pot washing, dish room support and cleaning of the kitchens and dish rooms. The Service Aide is also responsible for performing additional duties including housekeeping of bathrooms, classrooms, detail clean-up work and common areas.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly duty list for cleaning tasks provided by Supervisor; Works with team members as needed to complete tasks assigned
- Completes work with excellent quality and within the required timeline given
- Follows a monthly “on-call” schedule for weekend and overtime coverage as needed
- Provides excellent customer service each day by following the guidelines of the Site Specific Training Guide
- Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear
- Maintains custodial and stewarding supplies given to complete tasks by keeping them cleaning and storing them properly at the end of shift
- Communicates daily with Supervisor to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise
- Working knowledge of basic housekeeping tasks
- Working knowledge of dish-washing methods
- A criminal background check will be conducted
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public, our customer and students throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves walking, standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Use of ladder with supervision. Use of ladder without supervision (after training)
- The employee is responsible for wearing Black Pants and non-slip black work shoes. Sneakers or any show which looks like a sneaker are not acceptable.
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours.