Service Technician-LOCAL POUGHKEEPSIE/ DUTCHESS
LCS Facility Group is the premier outsourcing partner and an industry leader, providing the highest quality expertise, professionalism and full-service facilities maintenance and specialty services to the commercial sector.
Our location in Poughkeepsie is accepting applicants for Service Technician, this position is responsible for general facility maintenance including the cleaning of professional and medical offices, interior and exterior window cleaning, floor work including strip and wax, buffing, carpet cleaning and burnishing, detail clean-up work, construction clean-up and duct cleaning. The Cleaning Technician is also responsible for performing additional duties which may include general building and grounds maintenance or other areas within the janitorial field.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Floor cleaning including but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, stripping, sealing, finishing, buffing, burnishing, carpet cleaning and extraction
- Maintains supplies and equipment in vehicles and closets, ensuring stock is in place.
- Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment, public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
2 years experience preferable but we will train,
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of basic floor care desirable.
LCS Facility Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. LCS Facility Group makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.