Hood Cleaning Tech
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Will train and certify for this position.
Under direct supervision, the Hood & equipment Technician is responsible for kitchen equipment deep clean, including but not limited to: Hoods, duct work, makeup air, fan cleaning, air handlers, ovens, stoves grills, fryers
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a facility maintenance or custodial position
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to follow weekly cleaning schedule put forth by management.
- Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly work orders for cleaning tasks provided by Supervisor; Works with team members as needed to complete tasks assigned
- Completes work with excellent quality and within required timeline each day of work
- Communicates daily with Supervisor to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Provides excellent customer service each day by following the guidelines of the LCS Project Training Guide
- Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear
- Maintains custodial supplies given to complete tasks by keeping them cleaning and storing them properly at the end of shift
- Maintains interior of the work vehicle(s) ensuring all tools and equipment is kept in its proper place
- Working knowledge of basic cleaning
- Experience cleaning exhaust hoods a plus; will train and certify
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with various customers throughout the workday
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- Must be able to work in changing temperatures hot and cold.
- Must be able to work outdoors on roof top.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- The employee is responsible for wearing Black Khaki Pants and non-slip black work shoes.
- Uniform Shirts are provided by LCS Facility Group.
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours