SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Night Porter is responsible for daily housekeeping including dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, cleaning of bathrooms, restocking soap and paper products, cleaning spills, garbage removal, general clean-up of kitchens, classrooms, medical offices, common areas, stairwells.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes scheduled work with excellent quality and within the required timeline
- Provides exceptional customer service each day by both performing set duties and directly responding to client needs
- Clean all common room areas, including restrooms, lobbies, and cafeterias.
- Responds to major spills and any other cleaning issues on an as required basis
- Monitor, clean, and re-stock all restrooms on ongoing basis
- Communicates daily with client to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise
- Working knowledge of basic housekeeping tasks
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service while interacting with client, the public, or students
- Must be reliable and professional
- Ability to understand the English language
- A criminal background check will be conducted
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases.
- Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- The position involves standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs
- Presentable, well-groomed and clean
- The employee is responsible for wearing LCS Uniform Shirt (provided by LCS) and khaki-colored pants at all times
- Black non slip footwear must be worn at all times
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long-sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours.