Landscape Construction Crew Member
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under direct supervision, position is responsible for clean-up and preparation which includes the ability to operate skid steers and loaders
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in construction cleanup
- OSHA 10 certification
- Knowledge of various planting and seeding techniques
- Basic knowledge of construction and masonry techniques
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service and quality work within given project timeline. This includes the use of skid steers and loaders
- Knowledge of LCS safety standards; OSHA 10 certification
- Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly work orders for landscape construction tasks provided by Foreman; Works with team members as needed to complete tasks assigned
- Completes work with excellent quality and within required timeline each day of work
- Takes direction and communicates daily with Foreman to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Follows an “on-call” schedule for weekend and overtime coverage as needed
- Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear
- Maintains landscape equipment given to complete tasks by keeping them cleaning and storing them properly at the end of shift
- Records time daily to ensure proper payroll
- Working knowledge of skid steers and loaders
- Ability to read instruction and distinguish colors
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public spaces; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves walking, standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and bending.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- The employee is responsible for wearing Khaki Pants and non-slip black work boots.
- Uniform Shirts and Safety vests are provided by LCS Facility Group
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours