Janitorial Project Field Supervisor
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Project Field Supervisor oversees, coordinates and supervises work of the Projects department in the field and ensures thorough, contract specific cleaning is complete on a day to day basis with excellent quality. Responsible for quality assurance checks at various work sites; Ensures safety and required annual goals are met.
Driver license we need to put this in here
- Minimum of seven (7) years working in a facility maintenance or custodial position with increasing responsibility
- Minimum of five (5) years working in a supervisory role managing twenty (20) or more people
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing the quality of day to day facility cleaning at various work sites which includes but is not limited to the cleaning of professional and medical offices, interior and exterior window cleaning, floor work including strip and wax, buffing, carpet cleaning and burnishing, detail clean-up work, construction clean-up and duct cleaning
- Provides guidance and supervision in field; Weekly field rounds
- Provides staff with daily, weekly and monthly work orders for cleaning tasks and ensures team is provided tools to complete the jobs
- Provides on-going training and development for team, ensuring training goals are met throughout the year
- Communicates daily with Manager to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Works with Manager to stay with budgeted hours for each job. The supervision of all cleaning staff focusing on their performance in terms of standards of cleanliness and their behavior whilst on duty
- Ensuring that a first class cleaning service is delivered to all customers
- Reviewing work schedules
- Ordering of cleaning materials
- Monitoring of all cleaning activities Ensuring all staff are aware of the Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in a cleaning environment
- Previous experience of managing a team
- The ability to implement and adhere to standards and procedure
- Health and Safety experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- BICs cleaning qualification or equivalent is also desirable, but not essential
- Working knowledge of janitorial facility maintenance terminology, equipment, supplies
- Working knowledge of all floor work including strip and wax, buffing, burnishing, carpet cleaning and bonneting
- Working knowledge of record-keeping and basic financial budgeting
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED) or Associates Degree
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with various customers throughout the work day
- Ability to have flexible schedule and work on weekends.
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position may involve standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Supervisors are responsible for wearing Khaki Pants and non-slip black work shoes.
- Uniform Shirts are provided by LCS Facility Group
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours