Landscape Maintenance- Crew Member III
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under direct supervision, position is responsible for clean-ups, preparation of planting areas, and mulching. Tasks such as mowing, fertilizing, planting, and weeding our customers’ properties peak in the spring and continue on an on-going basis throughout the fair-weather months. Flowers are planted seasonally and then maintained as necessary. Walkways, sidewalks, and paved areas must be neatly trimmed and kept free of debris. In the fall, mowing slows down and seasonal clean-ups of leaves and planting beds begins. Shrubs, trees, lawns, and plants are then winterized in anticipation of the dormant season.
- Minimum of three (3) years assisting Foreman run a crew
- Completed pesticide apprentice training
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service and quality work within given project timeline. This includes applying weed control chemicals as an apprentice
- Works with Foreman to better understand the requirements of individual site work specifications
- Assists Foreman run crew by helping coordinate and delegate work; Acts as a Lead on projects
- Acts as a Leader to crew members, exhibiting LCS standards and consistently checking the quality of work being completed
- Knowledge of growing conditions as it pertains to the use of flowers and planting
- Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly work orders for landscape maintenance tasks provided by Foreman; Works with team members as needed to complete tasks assigned
- Completes work with excellent quality and within required timeline each day of work
- Communicates daily with Foreman to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Follows an “on-call” schedule for weekend and overtime coverage as needed
- Provides excellent customer service each day
- Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear
- Maintains landscape equipment given to complete tasks by keeping them cleaning and storing them properly at the end of shift
- Records time daily to ensure proper payroll
- Working knowledge and use of maintenance machines and equipment
- Knowledge of pesticides and the appropriate use of chemicals under apprenticeship
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to lead crew members to success
- Ability to read instruction and distinguish colors
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public spaces; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves walking, standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and bending.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- The employee is responsible for wearing Khaki Pants and non-slip black work boots.
- Uniform Shirts and Safety vests are provided by LCS Facility Group
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours