Operations Manager (Nassau / Suffolk Counties)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing support to their direct team, communicating and coordinating daily with Supervisors and Team Leaders, and handles all escalated issues brought forth by customers. The position will liaise and communicate with department heads on a weekly basis and attend meetings (via zoom and face to face), ensuring issues are dealt with promptly and to the satisfaction of the customer. Position is responsible for the training, development and evaluation of staff, as well as ensuring operations of each work site are running efficiently on a day to day basis and according to budget set.
This position will support the operational needs of the client and delegation of work to all departments as needed. Position works independently performing a wide range of both routine and complex administrative / support duties in a highly efficient, discreet and confidential manner.
Operations Manager will be required to complete managerial training in their first ninety (90) days.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and support all operations of the Long Island territory; Manage and support the operations of each work site, providing excellent customer service, managing and overseeing quality assurance measures and practices
- Performs daily audits of site and delivers results and improvement(s) to be completed to team; Utilizes Smart Inspect for quality assurance checks
- Ensures staff is following duty list(s) and that the quality performed is above average, completed within the given timeline; Resolve issues in a timely and professional manner by offering solutions to the customer
- Focus on customer retention and care; Meets regularly with customer to stay abreast of operational information consistently
- Communicates with site administrators, personnel and other key contacts providing excellent customer service and availability to the customer at all times; Provides substantial results and follow up to customer when issues arise
- Work with Area Director to stay within budget each week; Review, edit, and submit staff payroll each week through web-based time collection system.
- Manages operation hours; Train and support supervisors and team leaders to audit time weekly to ensure time is correct and to promptly communicate with Payroll any changes and/ or approved amendments of time
- Work with Area Director or Sales on contract business and renewals for the territory area; Business development
- Support and mentor Supervisors and Team Leaders to become independent and able to perform tasks with excellent results; Focus on providing five-star customer service.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; proactively follow through on projects to successful completion under deadline requirements; Ensures effective workflow and operations of staff; Adjust schedules as needed
- Reviews and revises work methods and procedures to ensure efficiency, cost-effectiveness and compliance with regulations, policies and LCS standards
- Oversee Work Improvement Discussion (WID’s) and disciplinary action(s) to improve effective team communication.
- Manage the performance of all staff; Evaluate performance consistently, taking notes on each team member daily to later evaluate fairly; Sets quarterly goals for management to reach; Conduct quarterly reviews with supervisory team to clearly address operational goals and help keep team on track.
- Work with HR and ensure staff operates in compliance to LCS standards, policies and procedures; Prepares and submits recommendations relating to staff development to Human Resources department; Assists HR to meet monthly training requirements for support staff.
- Utilizes established Payroll, HRIS, Training, and Quality Assurance systems to ensure proper communication with other departments.
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise.
- Accountable for the financial health of the site, including management of hours, overtime, staff, productivity, supply inventory, chemical inventory and special projects; Assures the proper and efficient maintenance and repair of equipment at site, keeping par level at all times according to site budget and specifications
- Extensive understanding of all operational procedures, policies and best practices; Understanding of where to obtain important information and resources
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide information and services to a wide range of internal and external contacts
- Work requires continual attention to detail in quality, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and competing tasks with timelines and demands
- Ability to analyze complex and detailed information to formulate reports
- Inclusive team player; ability to manage both oral and written responses in a professional manner; Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to make sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive issues with confidentiality and discretion
- Strong proficiency with MS office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Project management software
- Working knowledge of janitorial terminology, supplies and equipment.
- Working knowledge of floor work including strip and wax, burnishing, re-coating, carpet cleaning, bonneting, LVT, and hard surface floors.
- Working knowledge of record-keeping techniques and basic financial budgeting.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED) or associate degree.
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must be able to work a range of operational hours as needed to ensure the well-being and management of the PM operations which may include weekends to meet business needs
- Able to bend, stoop or reach as needed; Ability to lift and carry up to twenty-five (25) pounds (such as file boxes, binders, office supplies, etc.)