SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Mechanic Shop Foreman position is responsible for all repair, patch-up and mending of LCS equipment, vehicle maintenance and general repair. Equipment includes but is not limited to carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, pumps, air conditioning, heating, engine cooling, electrical systems, hydraulics, brakes, suspensions and safety equipment, maintaining the cleanliness of the shop ensuring things are clean and organized. Assigns tools and equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine vehicles to determine extend of damage and repair(s) needed
- Test drive vehicles and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices
- Repair, reline, replace and adjust brakes
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings and other potentially troublesome areas
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers’ performance specifications
- Confer with employees to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers and gauges
- Overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters and pumps
- Repair air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling and electrical systems
- Rewire ignition systems, lights and instrument panels
- Repair radiator leaks
- Service manual and automatic transmissions
- Repair or replace shock absorbers
- Rebuild all small engines and small equipment
- Repair minor damaged automobile bodies; replace and adjust headlights; Install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors and windshield wipers
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise
- Utilize EPAY Systems weekly to stay up to date with LCS Companies news, updates, training modules and updated company policies
- Maintains service records
- Mid to Master Mechanic level of experience
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations, work within deadlines and mange time productively
- Ability to supply own tools to perform duties and responsibilities of the job
- Diesel engine experienced required
- Repair of heavy equipment experience required
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public, our customer and staff throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (80) pounds occasionally. The position involves standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and bending
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Use of ladder with supervision. Use of ladder without supervision (after training)
- The employee is responsible for wearing Black Khaki Pants or jeans, non-slip black work shoes.
- Uniform Shirts are provided by LCS Companies and include T-Shirts and Polo Shorts
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long-sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours.