Area Custodial Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Area Custodial Manager is responsible for providing support to their direct team, communicating and coordinating daily with Supervisors and Team Leaders, and handles all escalated issues brought forth. The position will liaise and communicate with department heads on a weekly basis and attend meetings, ensuring issues are dealt with promptly and to the satisfaction of the client. Position is responsible for the training, development and evaluation of staff, as well as ensuring operations are running efficiently on a day to day basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and mentor Supervisors and Team Leaders to become independent and able to perform tasks with excellent results; Focus on providing five-star customer service.
- Communicate daily with Supervisors and Team Leaders to ensure staff is following duty list(s) and ensure quality performed is excellent and completed within the given timeline.
- Work with Area Director to stay within budget each week.
- Review, edit, and submit staff payroll each week through web based time collection system.
- Oversee Work Improvement Discussion (WID’s) and disciplinary action(s) to improve effective team communication.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with supervisory team to clearly address operational goals and help keep team on track.
- Work with HR and ensure staff operates in compliance to LCS standards, policies and procedures; Prepares and submits recommendations relating to staff development to Human Resources department; Assists HR to meet monthly training requirements for support staff.
- Utilizes established Payroll, HRIS, Training, and Quality Assurance systems to ensure proper communication with other departments.
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise.
- Working knowledge of janitorial terminology, supplies and equipment.
- Working knowledge of floor work including strip and wax, burnishing, re-coating, carpet cleaning, bonneting, LVT, and hard surface floors.
- Working knowledge of record-keeping techniques and basic financial budgeting.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED) or Associate’s Degree.
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year.
Area Custodial Manager
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines.
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public, our customer and students throughout the work day.
I have read and understand the requirements for the position of Area Custodial MANAGER. I understand my role and responsibilities as stated above in this full job description.
Employee Name (PRINT)__________________________
Employee Signature (SIGN)_________________________