Director - Landscape Construction
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Landscape Construction position is responsible for the overall management of the landscaping construction operation. The position oversees the day-to-day operational aspects of the construction side of the division including general management, employee training, equipment and vehicle management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage billing for landscape projects to reflect actual job progress
- Schedules and oversees field operations
- Conducts pre-construction meetings with team
- Analyzes designs and completes take-offs for estimating purposes
- Contacts subcontractors and suppliers to obtain quotes for inclusion in estimates
- Develops project estimates and sells new jobs
- Communicate progress on landscape projects to company management and field staff
- Maintain up to date bid board; Create and maintain job files
- Follows up with clients after job completed (6 mos.)
- Conduct final walk-through with client. Makes rounds to check staff coverage and quality assurance
- Manage the performance of landscaping staff; Evaluate performance including 90 day reviews and annual evaluations; Trains new staff, assigns work assignments and reviews work; Sets goals for each staff member
- Manages staff hours, auditing time each week to ensure time is correct; Communicating promptly with Payroll department any changes and/ or approved amendments of time by Manager
- Communicates all disciplinary actions and staff issues with HR, developing strong communication and partnership with the department
- Follows chain of command to ensure the quick resolution of issues; Communicate often using chain of command creating transparency within the team
- Attends and participates in all in-service training's provided by management and human resources
- Repair minor damaged automobile bodies; replace and adjust headlights; Install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors and windshield wipers
- Utilize ADP Workforce Now weekly to stay up to date with LCS Companies news, updates, training modules and updated company policies
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience working in landscape construction, estimating position with increasing responsibility.
- Experience in record-keeping techniques and basic financial budgeting
- Oral and written communication skills including communicating via business e-mail
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations, work within deadlines and mange time productively
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public, our customer and staff throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and bending
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Use of ladder with supervision. Use of ladder without supervision (after training)
- The employee is responsible for wearing Khaki Pants, blue uniform shirt and work boots in addition to a safety vest when required
- Uniform Shirts are provided by LCS Companies and include T-Shirts and Polo Shorts
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long-sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours.