Custodial - Manufacturing Part Time (Night Shift) $13.00
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Custodial – Light Manufacturing /Specialty Tech works in an environment requiring a host of skills; working independently to complete scheduled and non-scheduled work on an “as required” basis. Although there is no specific job site attached to this work, it may often be in a larger manufacturing plant or other environment where job duties may require significant physical effort and/ or skills. Responsible for performing general custodial duties such as dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, auto-scrubbing floors, power washing, cleaning of bathrooms, restocking soap and paper products, cleaning spills, garbage removal, general clean-up of kitchens, classrooms, common areas, stairwells. The incumbent is also responsible for collecting and disposing waste, shoveling snow, setting up and breaking down tables, ordering and stocking supplies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes work with excellent quality and within the required timeline
- Provides exceptional customer service each day by both performing set duties and directly responding to client needs
- Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear
- Clean all common room areas, including restrooms, lobbies, cafeterias.
- Responds to major spills and any other cleaning issues
- Monitor, clean, and re-stock all restrooms
- Communicates daily with client to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise
- Proficient in basic custodial tasks
- Ability to operate auto scrubbers and basic custodial equipment, such as vacuums
- Ability to operate a power washer
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service while interacting with client, the public, or students
- Must be reliable and professional
- Ability to understand the English language
- A criminal background check will be conducted
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- The position involves standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- While performing duties the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, talk hear, use hands to handle, feel, or operate equipment, tools, or controls. The employee is required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The employee is responsible for wearing LCS Uniform Shirt and khaki-colored pants at all times
- Uniform Shirts are provided by LCS Facility Group.
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long-sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours.