Manager of Stewarding Services (New Paltz, NY)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Stewarding Manager is responsible for providing support to the team, communicating and coordinating daily with Supervisors, Team Leaders, Managerial colleagues and handling all escalated issues brought forth. The position will liaise and communicate with department heads on a weekly basis and attend meetings, ensuring issues are dealt with promptly and to the satisfaction of the client. Position is responsible for the training, development and evaluation of staff, ensuring operations are running efficiently on a day to day basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and mentor Supervisors to become independent and able to perform tasks with excellent results; Focus on providing excellent customer service
- Communicate daily with Supervisors to ensure staff is following duty list(s) and quality performed is excellent and completed within the given timeline
- Work with Assistant Director to stay within budget each week
- Review, edit and submit staff payroll each week through E-Pay
- Implement Work Improvement Discussion (WID’s) to improve effective team communication
- Conduct quarterly reviews with management team to clearly address goals for your Supervisors and help keep team on track
- Work with HR and ensure staff operates in compliance to LCS standards, policies and procedures
- Prepares and submits recommendations relating to staff development to Human Resources department
- Utilizes E-Pay system to ensure proper communication with other departments
- Follows chain of command and communicates to the appropriate parties when issues arise
- Working knowledge of hospitality and food service terminology, supplies and equipment
- Working knowledge of stewarding and working in a dish room
- Working knowledge of record-keeping techniques and basic financial budgeting
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED) or Associate’s Degree
- A criminal background check will be conducted
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public, our customer and students throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position may involve walking and standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Use of ladder with supervision. Use of ladder without supervision (after training)