Landscaping Snow Shoveler
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under direct supervision, the Snow Removal Laborer is a member of the LCS snow shovel crew. They are responsible for snow related duties appointed by the Landscaping Manager. The Snow Removal Laborer is also responsible for performing additional task which may include landscaping duties, commercial lawn maintenance, and operate and maintain snow and ice removal equipment.
- Minimum of two (2) years snow shoveling
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the removal of ice and snow from commercial and residential appointed locations.
- Follows and completes task provided by the Supervisor / Manager appointed.
- Communicates daily with Supervisor / Manager to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Completes work with excellent quality and within required timeline each day of work
- Maintains interior of the work vehicle(s) ensuring all tools and equipment is kept in its proper place
- Works with Foreman to better understand the requirements of individual site work specifications
- Follows an “on-call” schedule for weekend and overtime coverage as needed
- Working knowledge of snow shovels, Single / Two / Three Stage snow blowers.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines.
- Ability to work under extreme weather intense conditions.
- Working knowledge and use of maintenance machines and equipment
- Knowledge and/or understanding of pesticides and the appropriate use of chemicals
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read instruction and distinguish colors
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with the public throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of snow blowers, snow shovels, ice removers, salt spreaders
- Ability to work long hours.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public spaces; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift sixty (60) pounds occasionally. The position involves walking, standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and bending.
- The employee is responsible for wearing snow boots, gloves, and winter hats.
- Uniform Shirts and Safety vests are provided by LCS Facility Group
- Jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets, rings and earrings.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours