Snow Plow Operator
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Snowplow / Equipment Operator is responsible for responding to customers in a timely manner to snow events and assisting in complete effective and safe snow removal throughout the Hudson Valley area.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. High school diploma or equivalent, with prior responsible work experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a valid New York Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B with air brake endorsement.
- This position will include testing and review of previous employment record for substance abuse. This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing pursuant to Department of Transportation rules.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates snowplow and salt truck to remove ice and snow from roads and assigned areas, which require early morning starts, extended hours, and weekend duty including
- Responds in a timely manner (within 30 minutes) when called to assist in snow plowing.
- Ensure that roads under responsibility of this position are adequately and safely plowed
- Shovel snow, grounds maintenance and other duties as assigned related to facilities and
- Performs routine equipment maintenance/repair tasks such as changing vehicle fluids,
- Inspects equipment on regularly scheduled basis. Complies with safety precautions.
- Maintains all equipment needed for snow removal.
- Follows all safety rules, policies, and regulations. Able to work independently with
- Reports all incidents involving equipment’s functioning to Supervisor(s).
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Ability to operate equipment and machinery requiring monitoring multiple conditions and making multiple, complex, and rapid adjustments, such as snowplow, dump truck,tractor, front end loader, drill press, welder, common hand and power tools, welder/cutting torch, snow blower, hydraulic jacks, shovel, ax, rakes, brooms, and forks.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet, and limbs in performing highly skilled movements such as operating heavy equipment.
- Ability to exert moderately heavy (up to 50 pounds) physical effort in moderate to heavy work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to recognize and identify degrees of similarities or differences between characteristics of colors, forms, sounds, and textures associated with job-related objects, materials, and tasks.
I have read and understand the requirements for the position of SNOWPLOW / EQUIPMENT OPERATOR. I understand my role and responsibilities as stated above in this full job description.
Employee Name (PRINT)
Employee Signature (SIGN)