SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under supervision, the Painter is responsible for mixing, matching and applying paint to various surfaces, completing touch-ups and coordinating large painting projects.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED) and five (5) years of painting experience or successful completion of an apprenticeship with two (2) years of painting experience
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for applying paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors and cabinets
- Mix, match and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel and other finishes
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime or seal surfaces prior to painting
- Clean walls to ensure proper adherence
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs
- Tape off areas
- Fill cracks, holes and joints with caulk, putty, plaster and other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives
- Removes fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps and electric switch covers prior to painting
- Erect scaffolding, movable and immovable staging and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas; moves furniture and equipment as necessary; Tape off areas when needed
- Apply touch-ups or second coats; Remove paint platters when finished
- Clean all equipment, including brushes and spray guns; ensuring all tools and equipment is kept in its proper place
- Work on ladders to reach high ceilings or walls
- Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly duties provided by Supervisor; Works with team members as needed to complete tasks assigned
- Completes work with excellent quality and within required timeline each day of work
- Communicates daily with Supervisor to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Provides excellent customer service each day by following the guidelines of the LCS Service Guide Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply
- Solid knowledge of commercial and construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate and required tools such as brushes, caulking guns and paint sprayer
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding and ladder
- Conscientious with great attention to detail; Ability to provide quality work
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with various customers throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Position requires a lot of climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling.
- The position requires standing for long periods of time. Painters work outside both indoor and outdoors.
- May on rare occasions be exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures when working outdoors. Indoor locations may not have heating or air condition.
- There may be circumstances that require use of scaffolding, heights, cramped space(s) and uncomfortable positions.
- Painter is regularly exposed to contaminants such as paint removers and are required to use all of the Personal Protection Equipment assigned by the Supervisor which may include, body, head, eye and hand covers.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally.
The Painters uniform consists of the following:
- Khaki Pants (beige or white)
- Non-Slip shoes
- Uniform Shirts are provided by Cintas Uniform Company. Eleven (11) shirts will be provided and laundered each week. Uniform shirts will be kept in the employee’s locker on site.
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long-sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings. Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours