Custodial Project Supervisor
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Custodial Supervisor oversees, coordinates and supervises work of the housekeeping department and ensures thorough, contract specific cleaning is complete on a day to day basis with excellent quality. Responsible for quality assurance checks at the work site; Training and development of staff, ensuring safety and required annual goals are met.
- Minimum of five (5) years working in a facility maintenance or custodial position with increasing responsibility
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a supervisory role managing ten (10) or more people
DUTIES & RESPONISBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing the quality of day to day facility cleaning at work site which includes but is not limited to dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, total disinfection of bathroom, garbage removal, general clean-up of kitchens, classrooms, common areas, stairwells, wall washing, steam, carpet cleaning and extraction
- Provides staff with daily, weekly and monthly duty list for cleaning tasks and ensures team is provided tools to complete the jobs
- Provides on-going training and development for team, ensuring training goals are met throughout the year; Trains on Site Training Guide for all new hires and completes refresher training as needed
- Communicates daily with Assistant Director to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Reviews and submits staff timesheets, ensuring accurate hours worked through ADP
- Utilizes ADP system for employee notes, annual reviews and general reporting
- Works with Assistant Director to stay with budgeted hours for each job
- Coordinates and oversees project work and events at the work site
- Working knowledge of janitorial terminology, equipment, supplies
- Working knowledge of all floor work including strip and wax, buffing, burnishing, carpet cleaning and bonneting
- Working knowledge of record-keeping and basic financial budgeting
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED) or Associates Degree
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with various customers throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position may involve walking, standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
- Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- Supervisors are responsible for wearing Black Khaki Pants and non-slip black work shoes.
- Uniform Shirts are provided by LCS Facility Group.
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours