Cleaning Technician II
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under direct supervision, the Cleaning Technician II is responsible for general facility maintenance including the cleaning of professional and medical offices, interior and exterior window cleaning, floor work including strip and wax, buffing, carpet cleaning and burnishing, detail clean-up work, construction clean-up and duct cleaning. The Cleaning Technician II also acts as a mentor to team, performing additional duties which may include general building and grounds maintenance or other areas within the janitorial field.
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a facility maintenance or custodial position with progressive duties
DUTIES & RESPONISBILITIES:
- Responsible for day to day facility cleaning at various work sites which includes but is not limited to the cleaning of professional and medical offices, interior and exterior window cleaning, floor work including strip and wax, buffing, carpet cleaning and burnishing, detail clean-up work, construction clean-up and duct cleaning
- Follows and completes daily, weekly and monthly work orders for cleaning tasks provided by Supervisor; Works with team members as needed to complete tasks assigned
- Responsible for executing floor maintenance work
- Responsible for completing glass cleaning
- Completes work with excellent quality and within required timeline each day of work
- Communicates daily with Supervisor to ensure proper understanding of work to be completed
- Follows a monthly “on-call” schedule for weekend and overtime coverage as needed
- Provides excellent customer service each day by following the guidelines of the LCS Project Training Guide
- Begins work in a presentable manner, well-groomed, wearing the required uniform and footwear
- Maintains custodial supplies given to complete tasks by keeping them cleaning and storing them properly at the end of shift
- Maintains interior of the work vehicle(s) ensuring all tools and equipment is kept in its proper place.
- Working knowledge of basic floor care and carpet care
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
- A criminal background check will be conducted
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with various customers throughout the work day
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
Tasks will involve use of public or shared bathroom facilities with potential exposure to blood-borne diseases. Employees are required to wear personal equipment protection (PPE). Fast paced environment; Public space; Time management needed to balance and complete tasks throughout the day.
Ability to lift forty (40) pounds occasionally. The position involves standing for long periods of time and includes stooping, squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing stairs.
Noise levels may increase when operating equipment, ear plugs are required.
- The employee is responsible for wearing Khaki Pants and non-slip black work with steel toe boots
- Uniform Shirts are provided by LCS Facility Group
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Tattoos must be covered under uniform; Tattoo sleeves should be covered with a long sleeved shirt and / or a tattoo sleeve.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours