SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, the Foreman’s primary responsibility is the management or our lawn maintenance contracts. Includes managing, leading and supporting crews to achieve organizational goals and to ensure all project work is completed properly and to company standards.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Degree (GED)
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check which includes misdemeanor and felony investigation
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol screening throughout the year
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct activities on the job site, including but not limited to, coordinating work flow, hands on work and operating a variety of machinery
- Manages and leads by example, following LCS values; Trains Team Members on best practices
- Communicate production goals with crew members, supervisors and customers
- Train and promote the development of staff in the best practices of lawn maintenance and company standards, including mulching, pruning, leaf removal, bed maintenance and plant/flower installation
- Monitor all tools, equipment and machinery for needed maintenance; Communicate what needs to be repaired, returned or discarded to direct Manager
- Track and record all job expenses, including but not exclusively materials and hours worked
- Understands overall financial aspects of each job assignment including costs, budget, timeline and expectations
- Manages landscape crew and ensures each team member understands the needs and expectations of each designated job assignment
- Ensures that all team members utilize required personal protective equipment; Ensures that all safety and maintenance procedures are followed
- Participates in all safety training sessions offered by LCS; Consistently looks for ways to self-improve and learn industry standards and updates
- Performs administrative functions pertaining to crew management such as time-cards and/or paperwork
- Interacts and provides customer service to the customer developing a partnership; provides consistent feedback to customer and provides answers as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years working in the role of Foreman, managing crews within the landscaping industry
- Extensive knowledge and experience of commercial lawn maintenance & snow removal
- Extensive knowledge of plantings and lawn installations
- Knowledge of machines and tools including back pack blowers, string-trimmers, hedgers, small mowers and ride-on mowers
- Experience working in all outdoor weather conditions
- Must have comprehensive in English; Have the ability to communicate in both verbal and written word fluently in English
- Knowledge of LCS safety standards
- Understanding of OSHA requirements as it pertains to the crew and operation
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work within deadlines
- Ability to provide customer service when interacting with various customers throughout the workday
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Position must be able to perform the basic operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, hearing and repetitive motions
- Must be able to perform medium work exerting up to one hundred (100) pounds of force occasionally and / or twenty (20) pounds of force to move objects
- Must possess the visual acuity to operate equipment and motor vehicles, perform trade tasks, inspect work of others and review accuracy, neatness and thoroughness
LCS will provide work shirts with company logo, a hat with a company logo and safety vest. Only hats which are company logo are allowed to be worn during work hours.
- The employee is responsible for wearing Khaki Pants
- The employee is responsible for wearing non-slip black or brown work boots
- Dangling jewelry is prohibited at the work site and includes all necklaces, bracelets and earrings.
- Piercings must be taken out during work hours, including all face and mouth piercings.
- Hair should be kept tied up, clipped or pulled back during work hours